Sunday, July 13, 2008

5 NEW YORKERS WHO WEAR ONLY ONE COLOR


New York magazine interviewed five New Yorkers who wear only one color all day, every day.


They include a shoe designer who only wears blue; a fashion designer who dons grey; an industrial designer who clads himself in white half the time, and pink half the time; a fabric designer wrapped in kelly green; and a singer-songwriter who only wears brown. Some interesting quotes:

NY Mag: Why blue?
Valeria "ValBlu" McCulloch: In college, I majored in color theory. Blue was the most interesting color, historically. Germanic tribes wore it to ward off enemies; Christians used it to denote divinity. Wearing blue for me is being in a dream all day.

NY Mag: Why gray?
Rebecca Turbow: I actually wore turquoise for eight years, but last September, I switched to gray. I'd had a bad year and needed to get out of it.

NY Mag: How do people react to a grown man in pink?
Karim Rashid: I make them smile. They say, "You make me happy."… My statement is, Be who you are. Do what turns you on.







No comments: